Agribusiness Savings Accounts
Store your farm's hard-earned cash in a secure account where it can continue to grow.
A savings account can be the perfect partnership for your CMCU agribusiness checking account. Not only will you be able to store and save money, but you can watch it grow with dividends.
CMCU has a variety of savings options. Your local Ag Banking Officer will help determine the right accounts fit for your farm's finances.
Calculate Your Savings
*Calculator provides general estimations only. Inconsistencies may occur with the use of the calculator and the outcomes are not credit guarantees. For specific payment and interest information, please contact us.
A basic savings account fit for everyone and any business.
- No minimum balance or penalties
- Earns dividends - Click for rate information
- Access account information and transfer funds using internet or mobile banking
- Can be used for overdraft protection on your CMCU checking account
It's a savings account with higher dividends! The more you deposit, the higher your return.
- Seven rate tier levels that earn you higher dividends as you deposit more money - Click for rate information
- $2,500.00 is required to open an account, that balance does not need to be maintained
- No monthly fees or penalties
- Can be used for overdraft protection on your CMCU agribusiness checking account
- Withdraw funds at anytime without losing dividends (unless the share account is closed before the end of the month)
Platinum Money Market
If you have a CMCU Business Platinum Checking account, you have access to the Platinum Money Market account with even higher tiers of savings rates. $10,000 is required to open this account, but that balance does not need to be maintained.
Health Savings Account
Help ease the pain of health care costs for your employees. Make tax-free deposits for qualified medical expenses on behalf of your staff.
- Open to individuals and families covered by a high-deductible health insurance plan
- Account-holder earns tax-free dividends while saving for future medical expenses
- No monthly maintenance fees!
- Easily deposit pretax funds into your employees' accounts
- Efficiently manage your payroll and contributions through CMCU's digital banking platform
- Be competitive in the job marketplace by offering a matching contribution benefit for employees
You have worked hard to earn your money, now put your money to work for you. Invest your money in a certificate and earn higher dividends while having peace of mind that your money is safe and secure.
- 3-60 month terms available with fixed, competitive interest rates
- Earns higher dividends than a savings account - Click for rate information
- Automatically renewable
- Dividends compound monthly
- $500 minimum deposit at account opening
- Open a new certificate totally online through your digital banking account or from the palm of your hand on the CMCU mobile app
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)
Help your employees save for retirement with tax advantages. CMCU offers several IRA account options for various needs. Plus, as an agribusiness owner, you're able to deposit money into your employees' IRA accounts as a match or salary deferral.
- IRA Savings (Traditional IRA, SEP IRA, Roth IRA, Simple IRA, Coverdell Education Savings Account, Roth and Roth Conversion)
- IRA Certificates
- Earn dividends based on tiered rate levels; the more you invest, the more you earn! Click for rate information.
Fill out our online form with some information about your agribusiness and the products or services of interest. Your local Ag Banking Officer will be in touch within 1-2 business days.
Locate a Branch
You can open a business account or loan at any CMCU location. Each location has a designated Ag Banking Officer, but we recommend you call ahead to make an appointment.
We have a dedicated phone line for business members which will help you reach someone who can help faster and save you precious time.
Click here to learn more about what you'll need for your new account.
Central Minnesota Financial Advisors
Central Minnesota Financial Advisors have all the experience and knowledge of big, national investment firms but are uniquely dedicated to serving the wealth management needs of Central Minnesota.
Additional Products and Services for Agribusinesses
Check out all of your other options you can utilize with CMCU's suite of agribusiness products and services! Our Ag team will work with you individually to ensure you're on track to reaching your farm's goals.