Welcome Soo Line Members!
We are excited for you to join the CMCU membership and look forward to providing you with the financial solutions you need.
As a Soo Line Credit Union member, you will continue to belong to a credit union that understands your needs. CMCU has always demonstrated a deep commitment to personal, quality service that is unmatched in the industry. We strive to give you access to the best financial products and services in the area. Your membership will provide a wider array of financial products and services including mobile banking, free mobile check deposit, diverse checking and savings account options. You will also enjoy lower loan rates, higher dividend rates and lower fees. In addition, enjoy access to 18 more branches throughout Minnesota and a larger field of membership that will include 22 counties in Minnesota and North Dakota.
Check out the this page for more information on the merger and some important tasks you may need to check off of your To-Do List. If you're looking for more information, download the Welcome Packet on this page.
March 11: New Account Numbers, Cards, Pins
You will start receiving a few different documents in the mail the week of March 11:
- Account Information: Your account number will be different than the one you currently have with SLCU. You will receive a separate carrier letter with your new account number(s) and your CMCU member number. Keep these number(s) secure.
- Debit Cards: You will receive a new CMCU debit card in the mail. This will replace your SLCU debit card which will become inactive on April 1st. You may begin using the new CMCU debit card on April 1st.
- Pin: The pin number for your new CMCU debit card will also change and arrive in a different mailing for security purposes.
March 28: Last Day for Soo Line Bill Pay
To avoid any accidental missed bill payments, please do not schedule any payments in SLCU Online Bill Pay for after March 28, 2019.
March 29: Transition Weekend and Online Banking
Soo Line accounts will transition to CMCU over the weekend. SLCU Online Banking will go offline at 5pm on Friday, March 29th. You will be able to set up CMCU Internet Banking on Monday, April 1st.
April 1: Transition Complete
Now that your accounts have officially moved over to CMCU here are some of the high-priority tasks you may need to complete:
- Update your direct deposit information
- Start using your new CMCU debit card
- Update loan payments
- Order FREE CMCU Checks (April 1 - 30, 2019)
- Update automated bill payments
NEW MEMBER CHECKLIST
Before April 1st
- Watch for important documents in the mail during the month of March.
Some of these mailings may not apply to you. If you did not receive any of these items in the mail and you feel you should have received it, please contact CMCU.
- Account Numbers
- CMCU Debit Card
- Debit Card Pin Number
- Save your online banking account history. Starting at 5pm on Friday, March 29th, SLCU online banking will no longer be available and your account history will not carry over to CMCU Internet Banking. Please print or save old statements for your records.
April 1st and After
- Update your direct deposit information with your employer, social security, pension payments or any other companies who directly deposit money into your account. Your routing and account numbers are listed in the new account number letter sent separately.
- Update automated bill payments to your new account. This includes payments that use a direct payment from your checking account or with your debit card.
- Make loan payments and deposits payable to Central Minnesota Credit Union.
If you were previously making payments to SLCU, you will now make payments to CMCU starting April 1, 2019.
- Continue to make payments to external companies. If you were previously making payments to Servion or credit card companies, payments will remain the same and do not change.
- Order FREE CMCU checks. During the month of April, receive a free box of checks by visiting a CMCU branch or calling (888) 330-8482. Discontinue using SLCU checks and destroy as soon as you receive your CMCU checks.
- Enroll in CMCU Internet Banking and Mobile Banking. A link to the setup instructions are below.
- Monitor automatic transfers. Your SLCU automatic transfers should continue to function normally after the merger. CMCU encourages you to monitor transfers to ensure accuracy.
Accessing Your Accounts
After April 1st, you will have the ability to set up an Internet Banking account and an account on the Mobile App. For security reasons, these are different logins but you can set them both to have the same login credentials.