CMCU is offering $18,000 in scholarships to eligible members.
We are excited to once again be offering scholarships to our members! CMCU has helped students pay for their education for over a decade with scholarship money. Credit unions return profits back to the members in many ways, this scholarship program is a great way for members to benefit from having an account with CMCU!
- Be a member of CMCU
- Be planning to attend an accredited college or university, or a two to four year community, vocational or technical college. All eligible schools must be accredited by the U.S. Department of Education
- Be a full-time or part-time student at the school that you are planning to attend (can be traditional or non-traditional).
- Applicant cannot be a previous recipient of a CMCU scholarship.
- November 1, 2018 - February 3, 2019: Essay and video applications are accepted
- February - March, 2019: Essays are evaluated and scored by CMCU Scholarship Committee
- March 26, 2019: Winners are announced at the CMCU 80th Annual Meeting
- Late March - Early April: Winners will be contacted by mail
Minnesota Family Involvement Council
Offering $12,000 in scholarships to eligible credit union members.
Applicant may submit a video ($1,000) and an essay ($500) in one application but will only be eligible to win one scholarship.
2019 Video $1,000 Scholarship (15 available)
In a 30-60 second video, explain:
"Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.”
Videos will be judged on creativity, originality and the ability to deliver an impacting message.
To apply for the video scholarship, you must:
- Upload your video to YouTube
- Set your privacy settings on the video to "Public" so the CMCU Scholarship Committee is able to view
- Title the video: "(Your first and last name) 2019 CMCU Scholar"
- Fill out the application below
- Paste your video link in the specified field
2019 Essay $500 Scholarship (6 available)
In 500 words or less, explain:
"Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school."
Essays will be judged on originality, providing supporting statements, and the ability to deliver an impacting message.
To apply for the essay scholarship, fill out the application below and paste your essay into the specified field.
Disbursements of Funds & Accountability
The recipient is responsible for providing CMCU with their 2019 Fall transcript, showing the official grades and proof of registration for Spring 2020 to receive scholarship payment. Recipients must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 on a 4.0 GPA scale, or equivalent of a “C” average in order to receive their funds. Must be redeemed from CMCU by May 31 of the qualifying school year. If any questions contact us at 888.330.8482 or myCMCU.org
Financial need is not considered in the selection of the scholarship money. Employees and immediate family members of CMCU employees are not eligible to enter. Transcripts and letters of recommendation sent with the application will not be considered. Video entries must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, and libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, sexual, profane, indecent, slanderous, and discriminatory in any way.