CMCU is offering $18,000 in scholarships to eligible members.
We are excited to once again be offering scholarships to our members! CMCU has helped students pay for their education for over a decade with scholarship money. Credit unions return profits back to the members in many ways, this scholarship program is a great way for members to benefit from having an account with CMCU!
- Be a member of CMCU
- Be planning to attend an accredited college or university, or a two to four-year community, vocational or technical college. All eligible schools must be accredited by the U.S. Department of Education
- Be a full-time or part-time student at the school that you are planning to attend (can be traditional or non-traditional).
- Applicant cannot be a previous recipient of a CMCU scholarship.
- November 5, 2020 - January 31, 2021: Essay and video applications are accepted
- February - March, 2021: Essays are evaluated and scored by CMCU Scholarship Committee
- March 31, 2021: Winners will be announced by the end of March on this webpage
- Late March - Early April, 2021: Winners will be contacted by email
Minnesota Family Involvement Council
Offering $16,000 in scholarships to eligible credit union members.
Applicant may submit a video ($1,000) and an essay ($500) in one application but will only be eligible to win one scholarship.
2021 Video $1,000 Scholarship (15 available)
In a 30-60 second video, explain:
"How will obtaining a post-secondary education help you contribute to the vitality and prosperity of society or in your community?”
Videos will be judged on creativity, originality and the ability to deliver an impacting message.
To apply for the video scholarship, you must:
- Upload your video to YouTube
- Set your privacy settings on the video to "Public" so the CMCU Scholarship Committee is able to view
- Title the video: "(Your first and last name) 2021 CMCU Scholar"
- Fill out the application below
- Paste your video link in the specified field
2021 Essay $500 Scholarship (6 available)
In 500 words or less, explain:
"How will obtaining a post-secondary education help you contribute to the vitality and prosperity of society or in your community?"
Essays will be judged on originality, providing supporting statements, and the ability to deliver an impacting message.
To apply for the essay scholarship, fill out the application below and paste your essay into the specified field.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2021 - 2022 school year scholarship recipients!
$1,000 Video Scholarship Winners:
Jace Rudolph, New York Mills High School
Benjamin Felling, Albany Area High School
Marius Schueller, Minnetonka High School
Kristine Kalthoff, Albany Area Senior High School
Carter Wuebkers, Holdingford High School
Breh Hopp, Verndale High School
Tanner Rausch, Rocori High School
Audrey Thomas, Upsala Area Schools
Mitchell Bertram, Paynesville Area High School
Anna Prchal, New Prague High School
Olivia Peterson, Upsala Area Schools
Skyler Rosenow, Melrose High School
Taylor Phelps, Eden Valley Watkins
Elijah Harvala, Moorhead High School
$500 Essay Scholarship Winners:
Tracey Danielson, West Central High School
Madeleine Schiller, New London-Spicer High School
Hunter Weiss, Eden Valley-Watkins High School
Kelsey Fleischhacker, Melrose Area High School
Kyle Pratt, Albany Area High School
Sydney Tamble, ROCORI High School
* Winners are not listed in any particular order
Disbursements of Funds & Accountability
The recipient is responsible for providing CMCU with their 2021 Fall transcript, showing the official grades and proof of registration for Spring 2022 to receive scholarship payment. Recipients must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 on a 4.0 GPA scale, or equivalent of a “C” average in order to receive their funds. Must be redeemed from CMCU by May 31 of the qualifying school year. If any questions contact us at 888.330.8482 or myCMCU.org
Financial need is not considered in the selection of the scholarship money. Employees and immediate family members of CMCU employees are not eligible to enter. Transcripts and letters of recommendation sent with the application will not be considered. Video entries must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, and libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, sexual, profane, indecent, slanderous, and discriminatory in any way.